Sunday, October 2, 2011

What's Your Goliath? (Read Time: 3 min.)

I was watching T.D. Jakes this morning and he (as always) gave a powerful sermon.  One of his questions really struck me:

What's your goliath?

At one point, he stated, "Your provision is in your problem..."

Think about that for a second...

I'm on day #1 of The Body Ecology Diet (http://www.bodyecology.com/) and I can't say it's wonderful.  It's not.  I'm detoxifying my body and my energy levels are in the tank.  I got to cook a big Sunday breakfast this morning and watch my family eat pancakes, french fries and eggs as I had broccoli, egg whites and chicken breast for breakfast.  But the achievement of any dream is not in the dreaming; it's in the doing. 

I plan to step out into the world by April 1st touting the measurements 36", 28", 38."  I plan to run three marathons next year.  I plan to look better at 35 than I did at 25 so in order to do that, I have to be willing to pay the price. 

And here's the deal: my weight has, for decades, been my goliath.  It's time for that bad boy to get slayed.  At another point in the sermon, T.D. Jakes said "The reward was not in fighting Goliath; it was in defeating Goliath." 

And here are some questions I'd like you to consider this week:

What's your goliath? 
How long have you been fighting him?
When are you going to finally decide to defeat him and win?
What will it take to do that?
What's kept you from begining the process?
What will your life look like once you get that slingshot and defeat that bad boy?

It's now or never.  Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest from Slideshare...