Sunday, October 7, 2012

It is what it is... (Read Time: 3 min.)

I say that alot.  I say it to myself.  I tell it to clients.  I use it with strangers.  But I find myself wondering today...

What the hell does that mean exactly?

Does it mean that shit happens and you have to roll with the punches?  Does it mean that life unfolds in beautiful and unexpected ways and you have to be willing to go with the flow?  Does it mean that control is a myth and pretending to have it is a form of insanity? 

Or does it simply mean that all the things in life I didn't want, all the experiences I had that I never expected, every last tear I cried and angry fist I threw down, all of it is connected and while I might not be able to comprehend the WHY, I still have the opportunity to create the NOW? 

Or is it simply a line that lots of people say when they don't know what the hell to say to the horrors of life?

I guess the answer is... ALL OF THE ABOVE.

It is what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest from Slideshare...