Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Remembering Gratitude, Finding Joy... (Read Time: 1 min.)

I was reading a blog post by Colette Baron-Reid called "Just Chill Out! The Magic Power of Giving Up Your Agenda!" (http://tinyurl.com/6jslba7) and, at the end of the post, Colette says "Go on a gratitude cleanse for one full week. Make a conscious effort to look for what you’re grateful for in the now. I challenge you to write down 20 each day. You’ll be amazed at the transformative power of a new set of eyes!"

So that's what I've done.  I pulled out my favorite black notebook and wrote down 25 things I'm grateful for and, by the time I got to the end of that list, I was in tears.  It's so easy to get caught up in what's not working in your life, to think that what's not working or what's missing has far more importance than what you actually do have.  We forget that there's so much available to us RIGHT NOW.  We miss out on the awe-inspiring experience of standing in bliss because we have been provided with more than we ever could've imagined... right here, right now.

It's Day 1 of my gratitude cleanse and I am left feeling so grateful and so inspired because I am reminded today that nothing in my life is missing, not one single thing and that feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest from Slideshare...