Sunday, December 25, 2011

Going all the way... (Read Time: 2 min.)

Last week, someone on Twitter posted about setting up their speaking schedule for 2012 and I thought to myself, "I want to do that!"  And then I thought to myself, "What's stopping me?" 

Me...

That one tweet spurred in me a desire to do something that I love to do but that I've refrained for doing for ridiculous reasons.  Part of my perfectionist tendencies involves me feeling like everything has to be "right" in order for me to step out.  But if I get real with myself, I understand that "right" is another word for "procrastinate."  The time will never be right until I make it right.

So, having said all of that, I need to get a 2012 speaking plan in order.  Where do I start?  Hmmm, a goal?  No.  A dream? Done.  A plan? Maybe. 

Where I'm starting is one small, powerful step and that step is decide the first place I'd like to speak and make one phone call this week. 

Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest from Slideshare...