Friday, March 16, 2012

Body Ecology Day 4 (Read Time: 2 min.)

Not much to say about Body Ecology Day 4.  I feel good, no bloating, no stomach aches.  I slept in again this morning because my body will not allow me to get anything less than 6 hours of sleep.  I feel so clear and so awake.  There were moments today, moments of stress, where I had the temptation to do what I've always done: to use food as a means of stuffing down my emotions.

I was in Sunflower Market and, in a stressful moment, I thought, "Just buy a package of those gluten free chocolate chip cookies.  One package a weekend won't hurt."  Then the real me kicked in and reminded myself, "You made a commitment.  Now stick to it."  So stick to it I did.  I bought a canister of salted cashews and ate two servings of those on the way home.  We then had salmon, shrimp, and veggies for dinner.

This Body Ecology really doesn't take much work once you have a routine.  It's eating simple foods in simple ways at key parts of the day.  I'm learning that proper nutrition isn't so much science as it's art: the art of knowing how to care and love you body in a way that tells you the truth, allows the room to embrace the truth but leaves no room for excuses that lead to excessive eating and the stuffing down of pain.

Well, Body Ecology Day 4 is done... The saga continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest from Slideshare...