Sunday, March 25, 2012

I am who I choose to be... Day 13 Body Ecology (Read Time: 3 min.)

I thought I would've posted sooner than today and even today I found myself saying, "I'll post tomorrow."  But tomorrow never seems to come if you keep putting it off so here I am writing about the journey to physical wholeness.  It's Day 13 of Body Ecology and I'm in a rhythm now.  I feel like the last week flew by and I barely noticed that anything was different about the way I ate.  It's becoming a habit.  There's certainty in Body Ecology.  I know what to eat, when to eat it and I know what results to expect.

There's added motivation in the 10 pounds I've lost in the last two weeks.  I feel lighter (physically and spiritually).  I feel my self esteem rising.  I know that I made a commitment to myself 13 days ago and I'm keeping it.  That alone is worth the effort.  More than that, I feel clear.  There's a clarity about me that feels wonderful.  It's hard to explain. 

There are no more foggy hazes.  I no longer wake up feeling tired or get to 3 pm and feel exhausted.  I feel great and my skin is clearing up and my body's slimming down and I'm starting to feel like the real me is making her grand entrance. 

What Body Ecology is doing for me has a lot more to do with healing than weight loss.  Sure I want the weight loss but I want the renewed energy and sense of purpose more and that's what I feel like I'm getting.  I'm in control of what I put into my mouth.  I'm in control of when I eat and what I eat and how it makes my body feel.  I didn't have that control when I was addicted to sugar, always feeling hungry, always having stomach aches or headaches and never feeling full.  I actually feel like I eat more than enough without feeling stuffed... and that's a gift.

So what am I learning on Body Ecology so far?  I am who I choose to be...

The journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest from Slideshare...