Monday, March 12, 2012

I Jumped Off The Fence (Read Time: 3 min.)

Ever hear the saying "Piss or get off the pot?"  Well I've spent the last month somewhere in between when it comes to my health: I want my fittest body ever and I do the 2 hour a day/6 days a week workouts... but I didn't want to give up my sugar and all the other goodies that are ultra-comforting in the moment and voraciously debilitating over a lifetime. 

A friend snapped me back into reality today (that and listening to Tony Robbins) and I am finally jumping off the fence I've been living on when it comes to nutrition.  The universe has been speaking to me about Body Ecology for MONTHS.  Not just little signs but COLOSSAL, IN-YOUR-FACE, don't ignore me because this is your life signs and I've been stubborn in heeding the call. 


Why? 

I don't like to be tired.  I don't like to feel restricted.  I don't like failing and I don't like seeing other people get to eat whatever they want, whenever they want and have the bodies they want... and be reminded that it simply isn't the body I was equipped with.  Now, their outsides (when you're eating McDonalds every day) clearly speak nothing about their insides but a size 8 in skinny jeans is still a size 8.

So I'm doing a mental makeover about this eating thing.  I've decided to replace some old limiting beliefs in the way coaches know how to do: one limiting belief at a time.

The first question I asked myself was this:
How does the fittest version of myself view healthy living?  

The second question I asked myself was this:
What beliefs does the fittest, happiest me strongly and fully believe?  

I broke them down to ten core beliefs that I have about my body, my nutrition and my life and I printed them out.  I started Body Ecology at 4:00 pm today and it's only a few hours into Day 1 but here's to CHOOSING my life, my health and every bit of abundance available to me. 

I'll do a video shortly and post it about the continuation of this journey (I almost typed saga but that rings a little too negatively in my ears; this is the ultimate journey because I have a temple that has long awaited my cognizance of its brilliance; I'm finally starting to see it).


No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest from Slideshare...