Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 2 Body Ecology (Read Time: 2 min.)

I'm starting to see why the Body Ecology Diet takes so much willpower.  It's a strict diet.  I stuck to the diet (with the exception of my turkey bacon) all the way until 3:30 pm and, at that point, I needed something with sugar in it.  So I had 1/2 a cup of almond milk, 1/2 packet of cocoa, and 1 cup of marshmallows... and that did the trick!  I was back on Body Ecology after that. 

So what I'm learning so far is this:
  • Stage 1 (super strict) is not really for me
  • There's a way to get the best of both worlds (Body Ecology and enjoyable food)
  • I'm still feeling really good (tummy doesn't hurt, energy levels are high, and I don't feel bloated AT ALL)

So, here's what I did today in terms of nutrition:
  • 1,011 calories, 22% Fat, 31% Carbs, 47% Protein
Ideally, I like to be at least 40% Protein so being able to have hot chocolate with marshmallows and still be at 47% protein was pretty awesome.

After starting my day with lemon water and a vitality supergreens shake, I had my usual breakfast (2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, carrots, 3 ounces of chicken breast), had lunch later in the day with 4 ounces of chicken breast and Birds Eye veggies with hot chocolate) and then had dinner around 8:45 pm (right after work) of 4 oz tilapia and Birds Eye veggies and now I'm getting ready for bed.  I don't feel full and I'm not really that hungry.  So, is this working?  We'll see...

I'm all about experimentation.  On to Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest from Slideshare...